Fireplace Mantels and How to Decorate Them
A fireplace can bring an entire room, even an entire home together beautifully. There are so many different options when it comes to fireplace mantels, including concrete, rustic looking, and stone designs. If you have a mantel you love, or you are looking to transform the look of your fireplace, you might be thinking about what to place on top of it, or how else to decorate it.
The following are some ideas for how to decorate your fireplace mantel:
• Candles on the mantel shelf, or in tall sticks on the floor on either side
• A minimalistic or ornate mirror, which can make the room appear larger
• Artwork, either professionally done or by your kids, grandkids, or friends. Or even made by you!
• Pictures of your friends and family, taken during events you want to remember, such as weddings or birthdays
• Interesting sconces, matching the style of your fireplace
• Books. Marble fireplace mantels are the perfect place to showcase your vintage and beautiful looking books
• Small trinkets you have collected over time from different places around the world
• Vases, to hold flowers that can add some color to the room, especially for dark, rustic fireplace mantels
There are so many different ways to decorate a fireplace mantel. In the end, it all comes down to your preferences.
Back to Blog